CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Name Board

This is something that I did a while ago, but it is one of my favorite crafts to do. 


First, you get a board. I found this scrap wood in the wood pile at my parent's house. Free is best! :) But you can also get wood for super cheap at Home Depot in their "left over" pile.

Then, I went to the scrapbook store and I grabbed a bunch of paper that spoke to me (in the colors of my daughter's nursery)...I spent $10 on paper and ended up only using half of it...So, I cut the paper into strips and glued them on the board with Mod Podge.



This is how it turned out after I had glued all the paper down.



Then we went to my wonderful aunt's house to use her cricut machine (which is soooo awesome!!) and cut out my daughter's name and two hearts...and I mod podged the letters on the board. And this is the final result!



I'm really happy with how it turned out...I LOVE the paper that I found! There are a few flaws...the board is a little warped and the paper got crinkled when I glued it on...so there are a few wrinkles, but I don't think they'll be that noticeable once we get it on her wall. Not too bad for my first time!

I have actually made another one or two of these since...and they turned out even better. I'll post pictures of them in another post. If you would like to order one, contact me! I would love to make one for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment