CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 15, 2011

Homemade Bread!


This is my second attempt EVER at homemade bread! My mom is the expert bread maker...her bread is well known with our friends and family. So, I always have mooched off of her goodness...One time, when I was in high school, I tried to make her bread and...well...I'll be honest, my dad and brothers used it as a football... :( So I shyed away from bread making for a while! But, now that I am a wife and mother I have felt the desire to refine my cooking/baking skills! And it has been fun! This is my most recent attempt at the bread making! I must say, I was pretty darn proud! It turned out great and our house smelled SO yummy and happy!! :) 


I did not take any pictures during the making process. I wish I would have! But, here is the recipe:


3 cups of warm water
3 cups of flour
1 heaping tablespoon yeast


Mix well then let it rise for about 20 minutes. It should double in size.


Then you will add:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 tablespoon salt


You will mix that. As you are mixing you will add 2-4 cups of flour. Enough to make it so it's not sticky, but you don't want it too dry either. You will mix for 10 minutes on high.


Put the dough in the bread pans. Let it raise for 20-30 minutes. It will almost double again. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.


If you want to make rolls only bake for 20 minutes.


This recipe made me two loaves and a few rolls. I probably could have not made the rolls and made the loaves a touch bigger. But they turned out ok, all in all.


Look how beautifully golden they are!

Mmm...it was sooo yummy. Smothered in butter and honey. It took me right back to my childhood, eating delicious bread with my family!



Mmmmm...this is making me hungry...maybe I'll go make some more!!! :)

1 comments:

Ohhhh.......that just made my stomach growl. Literally. Maybe I can convince Mom to make some this weekend.....

Post a Comment