CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 5, 2011

Hair Treatment: Olive Oil

I am always looking for simple hair and face treatments. It's easy to find homemade treatments...but they always seem to have a million ingredients OR ingredients that you have to go to a specialty store for and spend $60 bucks on. So, I was super pumped when I saw this one.

One ingredient: Olive Oil.

I was super excited to try this out! The directions are:
Use 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil (more or less depending on hair length and thickness). I'm pretty sure I used 4-5 tablespoons. The idea is just to saturate your hair. You'll want to massage it into your scalp also. Just put it on dry hair.

I'll admit...I was excited until I actually started putting OIL on my hair...then, I got a little freaked out. Am I seriously putting OIL on my hair?? How gross is that?? But, I pushed through it...and boy am I glad!

So, after you put the oil on your hair, you'll leave it for 30-45 minutes. I've heard people will wrap a warm, damp towel on their hair (turban style), some people use plastic wrap, some just leave it.

I used a warm, damp towel.

After the time is up, just wash your hair with shampoo (it took me two shampoos to feel like it was all out). I did not use conditioner. If you have time, allow it to air dry.

The rest of that day, my hair didn't feel super awesome. BUT, the next day, after I shampooed, conditioned, and blow dried my hair...basically treated it normal...I was super happy about the results. My hair was (and still is, 6 days later) super soft and shiney! I think I will probably do this treatment once a month. I'm sure it will prolong hair cuts (which I am super addicted to...but can be pricey).



So, try it out and let me know how it worked for you!!

4 comments:

Oh yea! I've actually done this before, but I forgot about it....I love it!! I just wish you had taken a picture with your turban-style towel 'do :)

Melissa

Ahaha...I should have!! It was amazing looking.

Heidi

I like using coconut oil instead.

Melissa

OOoooo...I'll have to try that! I bet it smells super yummy...

Post a Comment